CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pinkmemories

made by Leeloumade by Leeloumade by Leeloumade by Leelou

List of Links

Monday, January 23, 2012

Lamp Shade Makeover

This is such a simple way to makeover a small piece in any room of your home.  It's quick and simple!

Estimated time: 25 mins (including prep time)

Estimated cost: $8.45

Materials Needed:

1 lamp shade (I got my whole lamp at target a few months ago on clearance for under $5)
1/2 yard fabric of your choice
1 glue gun


1. Here is the little guy I had bought at target.  My lamp shade has an approximate circumference of 8 inches.  1/2 a yard of fabric was the perfect amount.  If you're using a larger lamp shade, I would suggest more fabric.  


2.  Lay your fabric out and cut into strips.  I cut mine into 2-3 inch strips.


3.  Next, use your hot glue gun and put glue down where you plan to start your fabric.  Sometimes, lamp shades have a seam, this is where I started my piece of fabric.


4.  Place your fabric on the glue (like I did below)


5.  Scrunch up your fabric and start gluing vertical lines on the right end of the fabric (opposite of where my thumb is)


6.  Go all the way around until you meet up with the first part of fabric you glued.  


7.  Continue making rows (I ended up with only 3 on my lamp shade.  Larger shades will require more rows). 



8. Completed Project. 


And for those who enjoy pinning.  Please use this photo to pin to your pinterest!
Thanks!
-Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment